Are you looking at working from home for your employees? We appreciate that not all roles are able to work from home. However, with the rising concerns that the Coronavirus is not slowing down how equipped is your business for employees working from home?
• Having a working from home policy provides clear guidance to management and employees on what can be expected. Are you able to work from home with children for example?
• Agree on a method of communication and consider using an instant communications channel to help employees keep in touch.
• If possible, you may want to trial employees working from home for one day and review how that goes.
• Data security is extremely important- make sure that this is managed in accordance with GDPR.
• Managers should communicate regularly to those working from home so that employees do not feel isolated.
• Is the employee’s home suitable for working from home- are there any health and safety concerns?
• Is there any IT training required for those applications that enable virtual meetings?
We would be interested in knowing your top tips on working from home!
We are able to draft a Working from Home policy tailored to your business. If you are interested, get in touch!